Kluever & Platt, LLC provides a full range of REO closing services throughout Illinois. Illinois closings are non-escrow closings where both buyer and seller are represented by their separate counsel. In addition to representing lenders and servicers on REO closings for the disposition of assets we foreclose, we also handle closings on REO assets where we were not foreclosure counsel.
Illinois and the Chicago market particular, present a wide range of issues to be navigated and disposed of in order to assure a prompt and timely closing. Compliance with and satisfaction of municipal requirements, including:
- Zoning Certifications
- Water/utility resolution
- Settlement, adjustment and waiver of municipal fines
- Building code violations and suits
- Demolition actions
- Resolution of improvement/repair bond requirements
- Title clearance
- Title claims and claim litigation
- Hold harmless agreements
- Actions to extinguish/release prior liens
- Title indemnities
- Real estate tax clearance
- Sold / forfeited taxes
- Tax deed litigation
- Easement access issues
- Encroachment issues
- Environmental matters, remediation and certifications
- Assistance to your REO brokers with repair issues, municipal requirements, code violation issues and all other legal issues.
- Litigation by purchasers alleging default, defective conditions with title or the property, earnest money disputes and specific performance actions.
We simply get your asset sold, closed and liquidated on time and on budget, with minimum time commitment and involvement of lenders and their servicers.